Title: Vice President – Business Development
Location: Union, NJ (or remote in US, Canada, UK, or Ireland)
To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please put “VPBD” in the subject line..
This is an individual contributor role that interacts with mid-senior levels of a client’s organization, including but not limited to executive management, regulatory and quality management leaders, and high-level technical specialists. This interaction is imperative for understanding the client’s true needs as they relate to regulatory and quality requirements as well as organizational goals. It also involves working closely with our Executive Management Consultants to define detailed sales proposals that outline how we intend to solve client problems. While the project is active, this role facilitates regular project update meetings with the client and Executive Management Consultants to ensure project outcomes are delivered as expected by the client.
In this role, results will be achieved by:
- Establishing yourself as a confident, competent, and trusted advisor in the minds of senior clients.
- Being capable of developing systematic contact and visiting routines that match how each client wishes to be contacted, while leading to a regular stream of new business.
- Identifying early on any risks in closing or delivering a project, and working with the wider team to mitigate those risks.
- Being fully competent in building a trusted network of key relationships that complement sales efforts with target clients, both directly and indirectly.
- Attending key industry events that gain credibility for yourself and the company.
- Maintaining constant contact with each client to make sure projects in place are delivering to expectations and enabling a swift resolution of any issues by working with the delivery team.
- Facilitating regular updates with clients and the technical team to assess progress, while listening for new opportunities.
- Taking complete responsibility for a client relationship so the technical team can focus on delivery.
- Gaining up-to-the-minute knowledge of the industry / regulations country by country, and sharing this information with clients and potential clients to demonstrate how we look ahead and advise accordingly.
- Translating client needs into relevant deliverables that leverage the firm’s broad platform of services.
- Developing and implementing strategic and tactical account plans.
- Operating with gravitas and gaining the confidence of each client.
- Ensuring development and coaching of all team members so that they can deliver expected outcomes.
- Providing insight on current trends in the life sciences sector and identifying how our service offerings can be augmented and updated to address these trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, or life sciences-related field
- Evidence of strong sales performance in a complex, regulated environment
- Strong experiential knowledge in medical / in vitro device manufacturing and regulation
Travel: Ability to travel domestically and internationally is required for this role.
Compensation: Base: $80,000-$110,000 with full benefits, and a generous commission scheme.
For more information click here. To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “VPBD” in the subject line.
Find additional jobs at Oriel STAT A MATRIX.
Oriel STAT A MATRIX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.